Tuesday, 21 February 2017

Book Review - About Last Night

About Last Night . . .About Last Night . . . by Catherine Alliott
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I was quite a few pages in before I could become really engrossed in this novel. It is a light read so good for bedtime reading. Parts of the plot were weak in my opinion and I found the main character a bit wishy washy at times but that's okay. (But I have no idea why she let her children treat her or indeed why they treated her with disrespect, not to mention bad language. It seemed out of place and unnecessary to the story.)

The back story was nice and juicy and I wished we'd been dealt some of that from the start so that it wasn't back story at all..

I think anyone reading the title might expect some more tension but they may be disappointed when they discover what indeed happened last night.

The book does have some dynamic parts and you will find yourself wanting to know the outcome, the writing is compelling enough in that respect. I think this book will suit anyone wanting an easy going tale of family, love and betrayal and who don't mind dialogue in which young people use the word 'golly'.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by, see you next time!