Wednesday, 20 April 2016

#A-Z Challenge [2016]


Quickly, she rang Jess. She’d tried all weekend to speak to her but Jess was evasive and kept putting her off; there was something in the oven, Tilly had broken the wheels off Lucas’s truck and all hell was breaking loose. All lies, Marianne knew. She needed an excuse to drop round to Jess’s. She was going to help her sister if it was the last thing she did.
“How’s life in the fast lane?” Jess asked her. She was as bright and chirpy as usual.
“Pretty good. I think I’m going to like it here.”
“Great.”
“I was just wondering, though, Richard just called and I told him I can’t have dinner with him.”
“Why?”
“I don’t know. I don’t know if I know how to date anymore. Can I pop over? I need to run this by someone.”
“Sure. Make it after nine, when the kids are in bed, otherwise we’ll never get a chance to talk. Also Steven is working late or has a meeting or something.”
“Sounds good, I’ll see you later.”
Good. She had her in. Now all she had to do was go round to Jess’s house and put everything right for her sister.

9 comments:

  1. I think I'm going to hang around more for the rest of the story.
    Love the script. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope she is able to make it right for her sister, perhaps maybe her sister needs to do that herself?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with helping her sister--sometimes family are the hardest ones to be helpful toward.

    @Kathleen01930
    Meet My Imaginary Friends
    #AtoZchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Jess is willing to listen, but it may be something she has to do herself without Marianne's help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sisters. Now there's a complicated relationship.


    @mirymom1 from
    Balancing Act

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm worried about how Jess will take this.

    ~Ninja Minion Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm intrigued as to why there is doubt as to what Steven is doing. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What makes her think she has any right to intervene in her sister's life. She's not done a damn bit of good in her own. But oh yeah, we always think we know better than anyone else, don't we? Another deep sigh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hooked. Quickly read the story from A... Fast paced and funny; can't wait for the rest :-) Good luck with the rest of the AtoZchallenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by, see you next time!