Tuesday, 2 February 2016

January Jump Start

As soon as February starts I always ask myself: What happened to January?
The new year comes round so quickly and while we're trying to become bigger and better people, February begins and you never really got going on anything.


Well this January I wasn't in a daze trying to kickstart my life, it's been all systems go at Temple Towers. And it's all down to the fact that I publish my first full length novel on 14th March. So, before January caught me napping, I tried to become a marketing guru.

Haha. I have to laugh when I say that. Because like anyone just starting a new adventure - in my case, it's becoming a self published author - I am not really sure if I'm doing the right things.

I've read a few guidelines for going it alone when promoting a book and I've tried my best to follow the tried and tested methods.

First of all, the experts assume you are social media wizards. Well I can blog and Tweet so do I tick the box? Well I have anyway.
Secondly the experts tell me to get lots of book reviews. Can you believe I approached over 100 book bloggers and reviewers? Well I did. Most of them didn't reply but a fair number did and asked me to send a copy of Natalie's Getting Married for review. If you read the last post, you'll see the reviews are looking good so far. But will I have enough reviews to make anyone sit up and notice? Time will tell I suppose.

I'm told I shouldn't stop asking for reviews because the book's life continues past publication date. Okay - I can do that.

Next, I'll be trying a Giveaway. So watch this space! It will be a generous one and you might just be able to snag a free copy of my e-book if you enter. All I need to do now is work out how to do a Giveaway. How hard could it be, right?

Anyway January is out and February is in and it's just six weeks to publication day! Woohoo. Yes, I'm very excited - let's hope my excitement makes up for the lack of marketing skills :)

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by, see you next time!