Thursday, 11 February 2016

Character Interviews: Natalie's Getting Married [Pt 5]

Meet Alissa

When we first meet Alissa, she's seventeen going on forty five. She's wise beyond her years and she teaches Natalie a thing or two even though Natalie is in her mid to late twenties when she employs Alissa to assist in her photography shop in West London.

Tell me a bit about your background
I'm a West London girl, whose parents come from Jamaica. I'm the oldest child in the family. Below me are my twin brothers. They're quite a few years younger than me, cheeky and sneaky and I have to help mum keep them in line. I was never sure what I wanted to be when I was older but I think I've stumbled onto a really interesting path working in the photography studio. I think I'll be learning a lot at The Picture House.

What was your most embarrassing moment?
I'm pretty much hard as nails and I don't embarrass easily. If anything I feel embarrassed for other people. But if I had to search for something it would be the day Natalie did a runner and I had her mobile phone with me. I had to do a lot of fast talking and at the same time not make Natalie look bad when a certain someone kept ringing her phone to find out what happened to her.

What is your biggest weakness?
Apart from eating too much junk food, I suppose a lot of people might find me blunt. Don't get me wrong, I'm very polite to people, especially customers, but I never beat around the bush and I don't suffer fools gladly. Those are two ways my mum always describes me and she's right.

What do people most like about you or admire you for?
I'm practical and down to earth and people like my straight talking. But while some people might think I'm too big for my boots, others would say that I've got a mature head on my shoulders. When Natalie planned her great escape from London, I was the one she chose to take along - mostly because she'd need someone around to stop her doing anything crazy. And God knows I tried to stop her!

Thank you Alissa!

In the book, I describe Alissa as having hair extensions. She's a pretty girl with large, expressive brown eyes. She's got a lot of savvy and I needed someone who could pull that off in the imaginary Natalie's Getting Married film. Enter R&B star, Brandy.
Perfect in my opinion!

The final character interview is with love interest, Liam! Watch this space :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by, see you next time!