Wednesday, 23 December 2015

New Year Writing After Christmas

As Christmas draws nearer, I start thinking beyond the presents, Christmas films and the mince pies. I start thinking about the year ahead and whether I'll bother with New Year's resolutions.
English: New Year's Resolutions postcard

The word resolution seems so big and important and, quite frankly, a little daunting. So, instead, I tell myself my resolutions are really just little changes or minor improvements - nothing to worry about. If I don't do that, I'll find myself stressing over them and worrying that I won't live up to the superwoman, superstar my resolutions would turn me into - if I stuck with them.

This year, rather than trying to change myself into a better me, I'm going to get stuck into a couple of writing projects for 2016. Firstly, I'll be writing a serialised story (as yet no title) about the misadventures of a character I might call Magenta Bright.

I plan to publish the story in fortnightly bites on my blog and hope that interaction with my readers will influence the future of Magenta and how her situation develops. I'm very excited about this new story and watching it develop live, as it were. Usually writers don't share their stories until they are finished and they know what they are about, so this is a big risk I'm taking.

I will talk more about this project at the start of the New Year when I will also be preparing to publish my first full length novel, Natalie's Getting Married.

My second writing project for 2016 will be to expand on my 2016 Xmas story. Some of you will know that I've got the idea for that one and can't wait to see it published around this time next year!

So, 2016 will be a year of writing for me; the romantic comedy serial, developing my Xmas story and seeing Natalie's Getting Married published in March 2016.

Can't wait - it's even more exciting than Christmas itself. Just two sleeps to go!

Merry Christmas Everyone and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by, see you next time!